What is NERSE?
NERSE is the North East Regional Stop Sexual Exploitation Team. We are a regional team working on addressing child sexual exploitation in north eastern Manitoba. Along with other Regional Teams in Manitoba working across the province, and supported by Tracia’s Trust, our efforts include:
- networking and sharing information and best practices
- identifying issues of sexual exploitation (looking at the incidences and nature in their communities)
- developing and implementing regional initiatives
- strengthening local, regional, provincial, and federal partnerships.
Our committee members come from diverse backgrounds and is currently composed of representatives from:
- Survivor’s Hope Crisis Centre
- Wings of Power
- Hollow Water First Nation
- Sagkeeng Health Centre
- Manitoba Harm Reduction Network
- Interlake Eastern Regional Health Authority
- Government of Manitoba
Please contact us if you are interested in joining our team.
For more information about NERSE, view our brochure or contact:
Coral Kendel, NERSE Chair
Phone: 204-272-8835 (direct line)