Our objective is to provide relevant information by being responsive to the needs of community members and offer resources through various means to increase awareness of victims, secondary victims, youth, community members, community groups, and service providers.
We deliver general presentations or customized training events on a wide variety of topics related to sexualized violence, exploitation, relationship abuse, and trauma. We also share content through social media and printed materials. We want to empower everyone to offer hope and safety to those affected by sexualized violence.
Reaching Out connects with the community through:
- Girls’ Group Mentorship programming in Powerview and Sagkeeng
- Workplace Sexual Harassment training and consultation
- Variety of printed resources (brochures, posters, information cards, resource guides, etc)
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter)
- Resource library hosted by Pinawa Public Library (accessible via inter-library loans)
- hosting educational and awareness-raising events
- Articles in regional newspapers
- Inter-agency network meetings
If you or your organization is interested in receiving more information on anything related to sexual violence or healthy relationships, please contact Candice Perry, Reaching Out Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.