SARAH Program Counsellor
- Relevant University Degree or Relevant College Diploma
- Two-four years equivalent in experience working in social services settings, additional education, and/or training.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong intersectional feminist, anti-oppressive and anti-racist analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding of the social and systemic root causes of sexual violence and the context of increased risk of violence and differential impacts of trauma for specific groups including Indigenous and other racialized communities, persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQQIA people.
- Awareness of and sensitive to issues of cultural diversity.
- Experience coordinating services and working from an empowerment model.
- Understanding of duty to report under the Child and Family Services Act.
- Knowledge of managing confidential information within the context of both the Personal Health Information Act and the Personal Health Information Act.
- Demonstrated competence facilitating one-on-one counselling, support groups, and workshops.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to effectively liaise with other organizations, develop and maintain partnerships.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written with ability to communicate complex principles / issues in plain language so others can understand.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Suite (word, excel, power point).
- Proficiency in online platforms including Zoom, MS Teams, GSuite, and numerous social networking platforms.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently, as well as contribute positively to a team.
- Knowledge of local community resources would be an asset.
- Valid driver’s licence and access to reliable vehicle.
- Clear child and adult abuse check/vulnerable sector checks prior to start date
- Delivery of SARAH Counselling programming including one-on-one counselling, support groups, and workshops.
- Maintain up to date participant case notes and accompanying materials.
- Support of SARAH Crisis Program volunteer recruitment, training, scheduling, in-services, and on call pager rotation.
- Participate in program development and expanding and enhancing SHCC services within the region.
- Oversee program resource allocation including project budgets, purchasing program supplies, maintaining expense records, and proposing new project budgets.
- Represent Survivor’s Hope at a wide variety collateral agencies, networks, committees, stakeholders, and communities within region to build partnerships.
- Provides information, referrals, and links to appropriate community services.
- Reports to Executive Director
- Participates in training courses and in services as required to maintain and improve quality of service.
- Participate in current organizational goal to decolonize programming and maximize cultural safety of all programming.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Participates in program planning, evaluation, and quality monitoring.
- Participate in formal self-evaluations by identifying strengths and limitations.
- Seek appropriate supervision/consultation of own actions
- Adheres to all agency policies, protocols, and promotes best practice.
- Assist in other organization programming as required as related to their job description not exceeding above stated capacities.
Survivor’s Hope Crisis Centre (SHCC) is a sexual violence resource centre, serving the Interlake Eastern Region of Manitoba. SHCC supports the principles of empowerment, diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness. We are working towards building a workforce that is representative of the community in which we live and work and encourage you to identify your employment equity status in your cover letter. The information you voluntarily disclose will be kept confidential and used solely for the purpose of increasing workforce diversity.
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER, RESUME, AND REFERENCES BY Friday, June 4, 2021 4:00 p.m.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Angie Hutchinson, Executive Director
24 Aberdeen Ave, Box 925 Pinawa, MB R0E 1L0